Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2008 extended tagline

Philosopher emerging from accounting pulls a quick one on demons who were counting on a free lunch - washing them away, clawing and thrashing, in a river of booze. Our intrepid adventurer takes to the road following the strands of friends he has spun over the web of years. Each friend has created a different life towards their dreams. Experiencing slices of others' passions and doldrums serves to melt and chip away whatever parts of his post-divorce heart are left in his chest. He's dying to the past and growing a heart towards the future. This ripples into his days slowly because liquor is thicker than the blood of a fresh heart. But, as he allows it, understandings expand self and the relationships thereof. Upon settling back onto the world he finds that the techniques of structureless days rounded by inebriation's thick bubble have been used to their maximum advantage but must be let go of now so that he can move back into the society of humans. Journeying gets lonesome tiring.

2 comments:

Phreelosophy said...

That's great! Here's an idea: this post translated into Morse code becomes the back bone an awesome song. Know any musicians?

iurodivii said...

Yes! It'll be my theme song that I strut to along the beach at some murky twilight that leaves my face dark and mysterious as the waves wash wreaths of flowers (signifying the ever bountiful womb of the worldmind's depths, of course) and I'll smile knowingly to the camera and pull down my mirrored shades and say.
"I don't drink anything but the best rubbing alcohol when I'm down on my luck," which is when i pull the flask out of my hip pocket and as the juice burns through my esophagus I gurgle "down 'n out rubbing alcohol, it doesn't damage your stomach lining because it never gets there!"
And the awesome song will fade into the nothingness that we all taste between breaths. I can see it now.