Monday, September 29, 2008

Ashevillin'

So I have packed my little 'Rolla full to the lid and even strapped Shifty on the trunk.  Its probably a third of what I own, but the cream of the crop.  It took most of the day because I had to unpack everything to find the things I needed, juggle some of them, try some of it on, launder some of it, then repack it all and finally tetris it into the car.  

I didn't mind hanging around my folks place for the day because, well, because my folks are great, I got to watch a couple of good soccer matches and I was hoping to catch my 'little' brother who is in town because his girlfriend's mother passed away.  I don't know the details but what I can piece together seems to be something like they took her off life support...not unexpected.  I wanted to sit and talk with him.  I have never been through such a close death before and hope he is well with it, and wonder what he is feeling.

No real breakthroughs with the musculature, but lifting things all day integrated the changes i've been making into a position of strength as I was able to move from my loose hips and manage heavy boxes at all angles using my new-found abdominal muscles.  


No comments: