Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Southern man don't need me around anyhow

Woke today to southern rock blaring from somewhere. My left earplug had come out sometime during the night. I'm finding the brand (name unrecalled) has a plug life of approximately 2 weeks. But it is extremely good at blocking out sound until then; after that they start to wiggle out and the powers are entirely compromised by the slightest leaking. The music changes into some Elton John that I fortunately don't know the words to, but I close my eyes tighter nonetheless for fear of which Elton might be in the room with me; the musics that are now full of my awareness and Elton's got me hooked. The trick is now to figure out where exactly Elton's rocking it from and i've ruled out the room i'm in's ipod because my slightly unplugged left ear is feeling the shape of the sound as more linearly conical, coming thru a smaller space before widening into the room, not as emanating from within this room in a more spherical shape.
David's truck pulls away after a short bit, ruling out the car stereo. The music's in English so it must be from the house and i'm tromping down the handhewn spiral wood staircase and the volume is increasing and we're back to the southern rock guitar screeching and i finally locate a stereo system where it is on shuffle track #115 - mp3...so this pain could have lasted a good long while. I press stop. I go back to sleep.

No comments: