Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mascaramente

Taking cue to color the night with the frame of reference inspired by the bat that flew into the screenless house a bit ago - it had a definite pattern it wove between the two lights, spirals and infinite figure 8s and me cheering its mosquito-gorging habit. I slip into the Fold and make my way downstairs and to the gateway of the courtyard. I can hear the group of folks across the street, but am not ready to engage as my Spanish is small and my introversion is large. I stay in the threshold for some unmeasured amount of time, with the sparse conversation washing over me but not receiving much of my attention unless its in English, which means its directed towards me.
"Mindlab, they want to know what you are doing..."
"Tell them I am working on echolocation," and I crane my neck out like a giraffe to twist my head's ears about the doorway. "How many of you are there? I thinks its four."
"Including me?" El Capitan asks...which means its a group of five.
"Yep."
"Nope."
I sink back into the darkness.

El Capitan approaches me from across the road inserting himself into my fold.

"Hey Mindlab"
"Yeah"
"You're kinda freakin' people out a little bit."
"Well that is not what is wanted"
And so I turn back into the courtyard and slip the Mindfold off to navigate quickly up the stairs and into my journal.

Why didn't I just take it off and approach the group of folks? Disperse the enigma and integrate the personhood; step into their camaraderie and move on with the night?
Because i am weak. I'm out of my 2008 element. I don't really want to stand outside next to a truck and drink. I want to drink then do Mindfolded cartwheels on the beach, I want to walk down the beach forever in the moonlight. But I am tired. I want to sleep in a bed, not on the padding of wicker furniture on the floor. I am worn.

The full frontal Mindfold approach into this night disproved the something I hollered from the hammock earlier this afternoon when the spirit moved me, "the Mindfold is not bound by language barriers." To which El Capitan responded from the kitchen "Who said it was?"
I found the statement, temporally reversed, added effect and cause into occurrence and deja vu.

No comments: